Effective January 10, 2020.
What Information About Me Is Collected and Stored?
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the App, personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is information that you supply to us, as described more fully below, i.e., when you use our Services, obtain a subscription, complete a survey, register on the App, upload content, participate in a community, or provide your e-mail address. Personal information is any information that can individually identify you and includes, among other things, your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, credit card, billing and contact information. Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, use of the App and the Internet.
As a general matter, you can use and browse the App without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us or our agents with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your personal information.
- Registration for an account on the App
- Registration for an event sponsored by Zeacon or a Zeacon merchant
- Profile information that You provide for Your user profile
- Uploading Content to the App
- Submitting an application to work at Zeacon
- Through your registration to receive alerts or other information via email, text or instant message from or about Zeacon or a Zeacon merchant through the App
- App related communications, e.g. account verification; technical notification
- Submission of content or other data and information on any part of the App that permits it
- Any other place on the App where you knowingly volunteer personal information
In addition, when you interact with the App, we may collect certain information that does not identify you individually and our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our App (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, we collect and store the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- Non-identifiable demographic data such as age, gender, and five digit zip code as part of collecting personal information
- Device information about your computer, browser, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the App. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Analytics and usage information about your use of the App.
- Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring App addresses.
- Other information regarding your use of the App.
Collection of Your Source IP Address/Location Information
The App works best when we can also collect your location information. We may collect and store location information about you on the App and associated with your account that you volunteer on the App or enable through the App or your device. We will not collect any location information that you do not volunteer or enable. We will delete any location information that you request is deleted. We do collect and store your device’s source IP address which may disclose the location of your device at the time you access the App.
Collection of Personal Information From or Through Social Media Apps or Using Your Social Media Logon
When you interact with any Zeacon page or account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Pinterest, we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or account including your account ID or “handle.” However, we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store such personal information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms. If you publish your social media profile on our App, we may collect personal information that you make available as part of that profile.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. We do not use flash cookies, web storage, web beacons or other technology that tracks your browsing history across multiple App.
Third-party ad serving companies and other unaffiliated advertisers also display advertisements on our App. As part of their service, they may place a separate cookie on your computer or utilize other data collection and tracking technologies, to collect information such as your IP address, browser type, the server your computer is logged onto, the area code and zip code associated with your server, and whether you responded to a particular advertisement. For a listing of the third party companies we may allow to place cookies to serve ads on the App, click _____. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies, how they may be used, or the information they may collect and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of those third parties. Please visit the App of those businesses at the links above to review their privacy policies. We may add or change the list of third party ad servers from time to time and we encourage you to check this section for changes. You can learn more about about online advertising at www.aboutads.info/consumers.
You can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings. For more information about how to change these settings for Apple, Android or Windows devices, see:
- Apple: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4228
- Android: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
- Windows: http://choice.microsoft.com/en-US/opt-out
Please note that opting-out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our App or on other App, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the App. We may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- To show you opportunities and offerings from Zeacon and Zeacon merchants on the App
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us or our merchants (including service related announcements) and send you information about features and enhancements on our App
- To upload your content to our App as you request
- To permit you to update, edit, and manage your content on our App
- To communicate with you about changes to our policies
- To personalize content and experiences on our App, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences
- To analyze, optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- To automatically update the App on your device
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
Use of Your Location Information
Specifically, we use your location information to:
- Personalize content on our App, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the App
Who Do We Provide Your Information To?
Merchants, Business Partners and Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with our Merchants. We may also share your personal information with other business partners and third parties that we think will interest you. You may withdraw your consent to our sharing of your Personal Information with business partners and third parties at any time by following the opt-out process described below.
We have third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing, push notifications, storage, bandwidth, content management tools, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to the Personal Information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that Personal Information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the App.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the App; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the App or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the App or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
What Steps Are Taken To Keep Personal Information Secure?
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your Personal Information. We exercise care in providing secure transmission of your information from your device to our servers. Personal Information collected by our App are stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your Personal Information to you. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
How Can We Transfer Your Personal Information?
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
Following termination or deactivation of your account, Zeacon, its Clients, Affiliates, or its service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and user Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Happens When I Link To or From Another App?
Changes to This Policy
What Are Your Choices and How Do You Opt-Out?
We believe you should have choices about the collection, use and sharing of your information. Although you cannot opt-out of all data collection when you visit our Apps, you can limit the collection, use and sharing of your personally identifiable information.
Collection of Personal Information. All personally identifiable information is provided on a voluntary basis. If you do not want Zeacon to collect such information, you should not submit it to the App. However, doing so will restrict your ability to access some content and use some of the functionality of the App.
Emails and Other Communications. If you would like to alter the type of communications you receive from us, including opting out of promotional communications from us, you may do so at any time by updating the communication preferences specified in your account profile through the App. Please note that this may affect your ability to access certain products and services, and we may continue to send non-promotional communications such as staffing confirmations, surveys, and other information about your use of the Service. If you refer others to us using our email functionality, please note that they may choose not to receive any promotional emails from us in the future by following the opt-out instructions in the email invitation.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information. If you have an account with Zeacon, you may review and change your information by logging into your account and editing your profile. Be advised that we may not be able to delete your Personal Information without also deleting your user account. You will not be permitted to examine the Personal Information of any other person or entity and may be required to provide us with Personal Information to verify your identity prior to accessing any records containing information about you. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete Personal Information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect.